The ICEE Folding airpop® Box reduces spoilage in fresh produce and keeps contents safe. It is ideally suited for the growing demand in online grocery shopping*, farm gate to consumer direct deliveries, and the grower to supermarket supply chain.
The ICEE Folding airpop® Box can be easily security-sealed, protecting against biohazards and environmental factors for safe delivery to homes and supermarkets.
Fresh produce and other perishable and fragile items such as flowers, electronics, seafood, meat, dairy, and pharmaceutical products arrive safe and uncontaminated.
The low storage volume makes the ICEE Folding airpop® Box ideal for courier companies wishing to provide customers with a thermally insulated, high protection package for perishable and fragile items. The boxes are delivered flat and picked up flat for return and re-use.
The convenience of storage and transport for the ICEE Folding airpop® Box also makes it ideal for humanitarian aid programs to remote regions and military supply logistics.
In 2014, ICEE joined the Save Food initiative to fight global food losses of 30% and as high as 40% in less developed countries – that is 1.3 billion tonnes of food is wasted each year. The ICEE Folding airpop® Box with its superior thermal and cushioning properties is part of the solution to providing insulated transit containers so food is not spoilt along the supply chain. The aim is to improve fresh food logistics by reducing transport and storage costs and reduce losses through spoilage in fresh produce.
The ICEE Folding airpop® Box is self-locking for easy assembly and packing.
Seafood, pharmaceuticals, construction… we already know the industries that use airpop® so let’s capture the ones that don’t. It’s not the customers you have; it’s the new customers you’ll get – think, the lucrative online sales markets as well as the primary produce industry.
* Grocery purchases per annum in only the top 15 global economies by 2020 is predicted to be $7.9 trillion.’ Article China Grocery Boom Accelerates, Inside Retail Asia, 25 Aug 2015. An estimated 20% of this will be internet grocery deliveries.
- The flat storage of the ICEE Folding airpop® Box makes it easy for storage, recycling pick-ups or reuse
- The ICEE Folding airpop® Box meets the food contact regulatory standards
- The ICEE Folding airpop® Box is 100% recyclable
- airpop® has a high calorific value in a “waste-to-energy program” 1 kg of airpop® is approximately equivalent to 1.5 litres of fuel oil. There are no toxic emissions when EPS is burnt and the waste residue is inert and free of toxins
- Life cycle analysis has shown that airpop® has far less impact on the environment than other competing materials for the same use
- We are member of EUMEPS and airpop® – engineered air
- To learn more about the environmental benefits of airpop® visit www.airpop.com or watch the video below
We are proud members of EUMEPS and airpop® – engineered air.